To qualify for admission under the Scheme, the entrant must:
- be aged 18 or above when applying for entry under the Scheme;
- have net assets of not less than HK$10 million to which he is absolutely beneficially entitled throughout the two years preceding his application;
- have invested within six months before submission of his application to the Immigration Department, or will invest within six months after the granting of approval in principle by the Immigration Department, not less than HK$10 million in permissible investment asset classes (except Certificates of Deposit which must be invested within the latter period);
- have no adverse record both in Hong Kong and country/region of residence; and
- be able to demonstrate that he is capable of supporting and accommodating himself and his dependants, if any, on his own without relying on any return on the permissible investment assets, employment or public assistance in Hong Kong.
Source：Website of Immigration Department, the Government of HKSAR